Repeating what Selena said in her announcement on Instagram, “IT’S HERE!!”
Selena Gomez’s highly anticipated makeup brand launched yesterday and we’re ecstatic. “SO EXCITED though I wish we could celebrate in person. Thank you to my amazing team at @rarebeauty and our community! This is just the beginning!!!” the beauty entrepreneur added.
The singer announced back in February, after the release of her third studio album, Rare, that her very own make up brand, Rare Beauty would be coming soon. Fans have impatiently waited for months and the products have finally arrived.
“I’m so excited to release beauty products that not only feel great, but also celebrate what makes each of us rare,” Gomez said in a press release. “These products aren’t about being someone else, it’s about being who you are, whether that’s rocking a full face of bold makeup or barely any makeup at all. Makeup is something to enjoy, it’s not something you need. I want every person to feel beautiful exactly as they are.”
On her 28th birthday in July, the company announced the establishment of The Rare Impact Fund with the ambitious long term goal “to raise $100 million over the next ten years to help address the gaps in mental health services for underserved communities.” 1% of every Rare Beauty product sold will be channeled into the fund alongside donations from partners.
“I definitely challenge the idea that mental health and beauty can’t coexist,” Gomez says. “When you’re feeling a certain way inside, there’s always a part of you that reflects on the outside.” That’s even more true in the age of social media, when self-scrutiny is all but unavoidable. “I’ve had weight issues and inflammation, and I deal with my medical stuff, and for me, that’s when mental health and feeling good comes into play,” she says.
“Mental health is so connected to different things, and I believe that there are a lot of people who may not understand that,” she says. “Beyond giving access to so many different shades and colors, I want people to feel like they have a community to turn to and resources that are helpful to them.”
With different shades and various colours, here’s the line up of Rare Beauty products that launched yesterday:
- Soft Pinch Liquid Blush ($20)
- Perfect Strokes Matte Liquid Liner ($19)
- Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation ($29)
- Liquid Touch Brightening Concealer ($19)
- Blot & Glow Touch-Up Kit ($26)
- Lip Soufflé Matte Lip Cream Lipstick ($20)
- With Gratitude Dewy Lip Balm ($16)
- Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight ($22)
- Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer ($26)
- Brow Harmony Pencil & Gel ($22)
- Always An Optimist 4-in-1 Prime & Set Mist ($24)
- Liquid Touch Foundation Brush ($28)
- Liquid Touch Multi-Tasking Makeup Sponge ($14)
- Liquid Touch Concealer Brush ($16)
- Blot & Glow Blotting Paper Refill ($5)
- Blot & Glow Powder Puff Refill ($15)
- Mini Always An Optimist Illuminating Primer ($14)
All products are available on Sephora or rarebeauty.com
See some Rare Beauty below.