Although the last and final season of HBO’s Insecure is wrapped and finished, the experience is not. To get a taste of Los Angeles, Issa Rae style, you can book a one-of-a-kind stay in her hometown of South L.A.
Issa Rae has outfitted an Airbnb with all the authentic South L.A., fixings. She is offering guests an opportunity to book a weekend stay to experience all the culture that helped to influence her show Insecure. The weekend is a one-time stay that will happen on February 12-14, for Valentine’s Day (and Super Bowl weekend)!
If Issa Dee can manage apartments, surely *eye* can manage an @Airbnb 👀
— Issa Rae (@IssaRae) February 2, 2022
Unfortunately, it is only good for one booking and anyone who wants it will have a lot of competition. The opportunity to book the stay opens on Tuesday, February 8, at 10AM PT. You can book the stay for $56 a night, but make sure to note that it will require an on-site concierge for the entire duration of your trip. To read further, check out the details below from the Airbnb site.
Guests will have the opportunity to explore some of my favorite landmarks in neighborhoods like Leimert Park, View Park, Inglewood and Baldwin Hills and experience their own “me season” during their weekend at my South LA pad. Plus, I’ve curated plenty of activities for your stay, so you can see LA, my way, including:
– A virtual chat with me (yes, you heard that right!) at check-in
– A catered “Game Day” dinner for two, courtesy of Worldwide Tacos
Panoramic views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hills from the outdoor lounge
– A stylish mid-century View Park pad decked out with artwork by local Black artists such as Maya Iman, Vakseen, and Domonique Brown.
– Getting to know my favorite local spots via my personal guidebook, including Eso Won Books, My 2 Cents, Supervsn Studios, Gorilla Rx Wellness, Swift Cafe, ALL CHILL and Southern Girl Desserts and special touches in the home – like a Hilltop Coffee nook.
– Pampering yourself with Sienna Naturals hair care (that you can take home!) for a little Self Care Sunday, any day.
– Wine-ing down after a day of exploring South LA – don’t forget to stop by some of the iconic landmarks you might recognize from your favorite episodes
– Basking in the LA winter and relaxing by the pool – complete with chaise lounges and canopies (only the best for my guests!)
Other things to note
I’ll welcome you virtually at check-in, while our socially distanced concierge will be there to ensure a comfortable stay for you and your guest in person. Please note, the concierge will be on-site for the duration of your stay.
Those looking to book should note that this stay’s rules require strict adherence with local COVID-19 guidelines. Onsite staff will follow applicable local, state and federal guidelines as well as Airbnb’s COVID-19 Safety Practices, which include wearing a mask and practicing social distancing when required by local laws or guidelines, and abiding by our five-step enhanced cleaning process. Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Los Angeles.”